Graphic designer Clara Spencer-Phillips has a penchant for Swedish design, which can be detected in her cute, clean-cut interior accessories for children. She shares her favourite kids’ brands…
Sweden seems to have everything a country girl with foodie tendencies and minimal design taste could possibly want: the whitest of interiors, beautiful forests and the most foragable wildlife.
With the short dark days in the Swedish winter and subzero temperatures, they find light in other ways – like by prioritising white spaces with large windows in their houses and bright, unfussy design. The ethos is rooted in functionality, simplicity and minimalism.
Here are my favourite Swedish kids’ brands…
1. Mini Rodini (the coolest kids’ brand, prints to die for) – see main image
2. Pahoj (bike seat which turns into a buggy)
3. Acne Jnr Drum
5. Stokke High Chair (takes up so little space and blends into our other furniture)
6. Brio Wooden Toys (my daughter, Luna, is getting the Brio stove for her 2nd for her birthday this week)
8. Elodie Stroller (My friend has this and I am envious!)
Tomorrow, Clara will share the best in Swedish design for adults…